The Square Peg

Embracing the mojo because cutting
corners seemed counter-productive.

We got to tour the Casemate Museum at Fort Monroe while we were in Virginia earlier this week. It was pretty neat. Our tour guide was really great. Her name was Solveigh (pronounced “Solvee”). I like saying that. Solveigh. Solveigh. See? Fun. Solveigh knew a lot of interesting things about the history of the fort. And she carried a big, wide brimmed, colorful hat that she waved around sometimes and motioned with as she talked while we were inside the museum. She didn’t wave it around outside though; it was on her head keeping the sun out of her eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The F-22 pilot who gave us a tour of the plane was really cool. His call sign is “Schlem”. He showed us some of the gear that he wears while flying, and we got to check out the plane while it was in the hangar. It’s quite bad ass. Schlem’s love for his job was very apparent, and his enthusiasm was contagious. After telling us some of the cool stuff the jet does, I looked at Moose and said, “Sold. We’ll take two“. I’m in the red & black shirt (reppin’ the Dawgs wherever I go!), middle of the second row. Moose is directly behind me.
The awards dinner was a lot of fun. Moose is the recipient of the General Jumper Warfighter of the Year award. I’m thinking about getting ”Warfighter of the Year” printed on a t-shirt for him. Wouldn’t that look cool?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My friend has a six-year-old daughter. We were hanging out last night when she walked past him. He told her he wanted a smooch from his little princess. She smiled and walked back to her daddy. They smooched. Then they blew a raspberry on each other’s face. It was freakin’ adorable. I love the way he loves his little princess. But what’s more important is the way he loves his wife. It’s the best thing he can do for his kids.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, yeah! I love me some comments!

Subscribe