The Square Peg

Embracing the mojo because cutting
corners seemed counter-productive.

6/08/2009

Five minutes

|

Five minutes.

The amount of time it took Zoe to get muddy after she walked through the dog door this morning. I gave her a bath last night, so you can imagine how overjoyed I was.

Five minutes.

That's how long it took me to wipe her muddy little paws off. And her belly. And the top of her muddy little head.

Five minutes.

That's how much time I spent playing tug-of-war with trying to get the towel away from Zoe after wiping her off.

Five minutes.

Amount of time spent eating a bowl of the gluten-free cobbler I made. Will definitely do that again. Truth be told, I'll probably do the 3 previous things again, too. I'm not excited about it. But it's part of the Zoe life/ownership.

Five minutes.

How long I spoke to the vet about Mocha today. She hasn't been behaving the same since she swam a week ago Saturday. She's on antibiotics, pain pills and cough medicine. And he's concerned about the cough.

Five minutes.

The time I spent lying on the float in the pool listening to a couple of birds sing. Maybe I had too much sun, but I swear they were talking to each other. The bird on the left was shrill and chatty. The one on the right was deeper and more direct. Left Bird started it and Right Bird answered every single time. And when Right Bird took too long to answer, Left Bird repeated his (or her) statement. Nature is very interesting.

Five minutes.

How long I took to decide what we're having for dinner. Homemade pizza.

So, tell me what you spent five minutes doing today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, yeah! I love me some comments!

Subscribe