The Square Peg

Embracing the mojo because cutting
corners seemed counter-productive.

I’m writing a book and the subject is about sex. But I’ve been suffering from writer’s block recently and haven’t been working on my book, so a friend suggested I write at Starbucks. I wasn’t sure I’d like it or be able to concentrate, but thought I’d give it a shot and went yesterday for the first time. I was at Starbucks for about 2 hours and totally tuned out the music playing in the store while my fingers typed away. Until I was about ready to leave.

The music playing?
“Let’s Stay Together” by Al Green.

Followed by:
“Sweet Surrender” by Sarah McLachlan.

And the couple sitting across the store from me?
Having a mini-makeout session. Must’ve been the music.

If your life had background music, what would one of your songs be? One of mine would probably be the chorus of “Unwell” by Matchbox Twenty. For those who aren’t familiar:

“But I’m not crazy, I’m just a little unwell
I know right now you can’t tell
But stay awhile and maybe then you’ll see
A different side of me
I’m not crazy, I’m just a little impaired
I know right now you don’t care
But soon enough you’re gonna think of me
And how I used to be…me”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, yeah! I love me some comments!

Subscribe