The Square Peg

Embracing the mojo because cutting
corners seemed counter-productive.

You knew a counterpart to the Things I Do Not Support post was coming, didn't you? Of course you did; you've probably stopped by here every other day checking to see if I had posted it yet. LOL In no particular order, here's a partial list of things I support:

1. Taking the high road when faced with a sticky situation in a relationship. I know it's not easy to do this but I've watched a few people do it and I admire them greatly.

2. Dogs. They're awesome. 

3. Babies. They're even more awesome than dogs. I like to snuggle them, hear them laugh, and I think baby feet and hands are freakin' adorable.

4. Red candy. It's hard to mess up candy that's flavored after something red, whether it's cherry, strawberry, watermelon, or whatever. 

5. Toddlers. But it's really not fair that they have more energy than most of the adults who've been tasked with their care.  

6. Ben and Jerry's ice cream. Especially the New York Super Fudge Chunk flavor. 

7. Kids. Their curious and simplistic view of the world can stop you dead in your tracks when they make a matter-of-fact announcement about something they've observed that you never even thought they noticed, much less processed and figured out.

8. Sitting outside by a fire on a really cold night with friends.

9. Teenagers. No longer children and not quite adults, it sucks to be stuck between two worlds. They make me feel young while I'm reminded of how old I am and I love spending time with them.


10. Ryan. This little king is my favorite firstborn. I call him a world changer because the world isn’t going to change him. He’s destined to shake nations (or at the very least, rattle a few cages). He never compromises when he believes he's right and his passion doesn’t allow him to do anything with half his heart. But underneath that tough exterior is a tender warrior whose willingness to stand up for those who can't defend themselves reveals William (which means 'defender') was the perfect middle name for him. I know his future wife will appreciate his strong leadership and his sensitivity and playful yet daring nature will make him an excellent dad when he has kids. After all, he learned from the best.



11. Andrew Steven (aka "Drewby"). This warrior is my favorite baby boy. His quick wit and off-the-cuff one-liners make everyone laugh, but it's his laid-back approach to life that makes you realize how important it is to stop and smell the roses. Although he's typically pretty loud when playing, talking, and, well, doing pretty much everything, he has a quiet way of achieving things that will go unnoticed if you're too busy laughing to pay attention. I'm convinced he will be a balanced leader when he marries and his wife and kids will do a lot of laughing as they traverse through life with him. After all, he learned from the best, too.

12. Laughing so hard whatever you're drinking comes out your nose. Or until you cry. Either way, you know it was funny.

13. Playing cards or board games with friends. And making sure the people you love know you love them.

14. Standing in Life Point Church singing along with the band, feeling the presence of God permeate your entire being.

15. Sitting in Life Point Church hearing about God's incredible love for people and being excited about leaving so you can go share that love with the world.

16. Mountains. Especially the snow covered variety. My favorites are the ones in Alaska. They're a breathtaking display of God's majesty and power. I know other stuff is, too, but they are my favorite.

17. Listening to loud, head-banging music while driving fast on a deserted road. Oh, yeah...I love this.

18. Dancing. Specifically doing the Hokey Pokey, Limbo, and Electric Slide with your friends at your New Year's Eve party. 

19. Hockey. The speed, the cool air, the fights...it's awesome. I was going to add football to this list, but you already know how I feel about football. Ditto for Starbucks.

20. Staying in bed on a rainy morning, snuggling under the covers with the amazing and incomparable Moose. Yeah, that rocks. Of course, doing pretty much everything with Moose rocks. Even the dreaded grocery shopping. 

What things do you support?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, yeah! I love me some comments!

Subscribe