The Square Peg

Embracing the mojo because cutting
corners seemed counter-productive.

***** The football*****
Moose and I went to a college football game at the University of Tennessee last weekend. It was a belated birthday gift for him and we had an absolute blast. And this former cheerleader was in her element. I LOVED seeing all the fans dressed up. There's nothing quite like football, bands and fans in the crisp, fall air. Nothing. FYI: old cheerleaders never die, we just let out the waistbands of our skirts. And we always know how to accessorize our outfits to show our S-P-I-R-I-T spirit (clap, clap). My orange eyelashes and T's were rockin! BEHOLD:


I know what you're thinking. But don't hate me because I'm beautiful. *snorts*

*****The hash browns*****
My mom was here this past week helping me get some things ready for our move and I was so glad to have her expertise since she's done this overseas thing a couple of times. (I recalled how bossy she was when I was growing up and knew she'd be good at keeping me on task, but I swear I think that little woman carries a whistle and a whip in her purse.) Kidding aside, we actually got several things done this week that previously felt overwhelming to me. Moving overseas is a whole different ball of wax than a stateside move, lemme tell ya. There's still so much more to be done, but I'll get there. Eventually.

The house was in decent shape when Mom got here, but now that the sorting, cleaning, clearing & purging has kicked into high gear, walking into the house reminds me of Waffle House hash browns because everything in here is scattered, smothered, or covered in one way or another.

 Peace in your 'hood, people.

1 comments:

Simple Home said...

Oh Eva, I love this photo. You ARE beautiful, orange eyelashes and all!

We don't have Waffle Houses around here, but I remember eating at one more than once when we were back in the midwest. I loved it. I think potatoes are my favorite food, too. I'll take them anyway I can get them. We had hash browns for supper tonight. Okay, bacon and eggs too. I just love breakfast for supper sometimes.

I'm glad your mom has been able to come and help.
Blessings,
Marcia

Post a Comment

Oh, yeah! I love me some comments!

Subscribe