The Square Peg

Embracing the mojo because cutting
corners seemed counter-productive.

I'm a little behind in doing this but I've been kinda busy.

Our request to change our leave date (which we asked for in case the orders didn't get here soon) was accepted. We fly out January 24th. And five months after receiving notification of our upcoming change of station, we got our orders. Now the pace picks up for us...scheduling packing shipments, shipping the truck, turning in my car (it's a lease) and deciding what goes in the suitcases and carry on bags will dominate our thoughts and direct our energies over the next 7 weeks. Those things will also be the direct cause of our stress and headaches during that time, as well as some time after.

We went to Louisiana to visit our friends for Thanksgiving. We had a great time and after having so much fun with Cheryl's girls, I am seriously petitioning God for granddaughters (just not right now).   Annaliese and Eleora played hopscotch and colored on the front porch with me and it rained during the night before we left. When Eleora woke up and saw our artwork had vanished, she told her mom our "skips" were gone. Here are a few pictures that are too cute not to share with you.




Yes, Eleora dressed herself. I think I laughed (or at least snickered) every time I looked at her. So precious!



 
Please don't call DFACS; it was Annaliese's idea to sit with Zoe in her bed.  LOL

Last Thanksgiving after we visited the Floyds, I sent one of our group photos to the Jones Soda company and had our photo put on a case of soda bottles that were delivered for our families to share as a memento. But since the cost of shipping and the 6 pack of soda was going to total about 50 bucks, I decided to forgo that awesome souvenir this year and outline the memorable parts of the trip on my blog. Some of the highlights from the trip that weren't documented with photos include (but are not limited to):
  • the EXTREMELY hot fire at the weenie roast. It was so hot Cheryl thought I was going to walk away from the bonfire with a tan.  The roasting sticks weren't long enough and I was afraid my eyebrows were going to be singed off. (When you read that last part, I hope you read 'singed' with the j sound. If you read it with the g sound, you're probably wondering how a fire could sing my eyebrows off.)
  • the Tea Party...it was the first tea party I've ever attended. I wish I would've had time to go buy a hat and gloves for it.
  • the four pounds of spinach dip Cheryl and I consumed at Grandmother's house on Thursday. Well, Troy said it was 4 pounds; Cheryl and I swear it couldn't have been more than 3 - 3.5 pounds tops.
  • Eleora's sign language/hand gestures when asking for pumpkin bread. She looked like she was snapping a pencil in half while asking, "Miss Eva, can I have a piece of pumpkin bread?"
  • Kael's numerous reminders to Moose that the boys had to play Halo before bed time. Kael's only 7 years old but he had more kills than Moose did.
  • Watching Home Alone in the dark and hearing the kids laugh and shriek all the way through it. Especially when Joe Pesci's character's head caught on fire.
  • Trying to corral the two dogs when they were in the room with the little kids was like trying to nail Jello to a tree. I think Gabriel got knocked down and/or bumped a record number of times. To say he didn't appreciate it would be putting it mildly.
  • The ridiculously long, wrong, King Kong trip and order at Starbucks on Black Friday night. (OK, so King Kong wasn't involved in any way, but I wanted to include another "ong" word.) I bet Troy never suggests stopping by Starbucks again. The girl at the window actually told him, "it's Black Friday and we had our butts handed to us all day long." Troy's order was the only one that was correct on the first go-round, even though all the drinks had been repeated to us correctly when going back over the order.
  • Troy's one good eye - So Troy has something wrong with one of his eyes and it requires drops to be put in it. The drops cause his eye to dilate...yet he still beat Moose at golf. And read street signs from far distances. And spotted details the rest of us missed in the video game we played. All with "my one good eye". LOL

Back row L-R: Troy, Cheryl, Eva, Annaliese, Moose, Eleora
Bottom row: Gabriel on Jeth's lap, Kael, Devon

So there, my souvenir from Thanksgiving--bloggy style. It'll have to do. For now, anyway.
Peace out.


1 comments:

Simple Home said...

My son Ryan would love fit right into that photo. That's the kind of picture he loves to take. The girls remind me of my girls when they were little. I'm really missing that stage. It's so fun to have little girls things around, and now they're not into pretty little pink dresses! I'll be praying for you as you prepare for so much over the next 5 to 6 weeks.
Blessings,
Marcia

Post a Comment

Oh, yeah! I love me some comments!

Subscribe