The Square Peg

Embracing the mojo because cutting
corners seemed counter-productive.

12/14/2009

"It"

|

Some despise it.
Some have been hurt by it.
Some haven't 'represented' it very well.

But...
Our knowledge won't increase it...
                                 Our inabilities won't hinder it...
                                                               Our failures won't paralyze it...
                                                                                            Our enemy won't prevail against it...

Because His blood covers it.
Because His love propels it.

It really is worth far more than we can begin to comprehend.

Except it's not an it.
We are it.
It is us.
It's a body.
It's a person.
It's the bride.
And the bride is cherished by a deeply, devoted King.



Thanks, Bridget. :D

9 comments:

Russell Holloway said...

Beautiful...

S. Etole said...

So well said.

Anne Lang Bundy said...

Aww. Of all the images I've ever had of Christ and His bride, I've never thought of something so tender. I'm touched!

The church is His bride. He is our beloved bridegroom.

Glynn said...

You say it simply,like it's meant to be said. Great post.

Lorrie said...

Very nice... my kind of stuff :-)

Anonymous said...

So simple, yet so profound! I love this, Eva.

Kevin said...

WOW! What an incredible description of the church!

Anonymous said...

eva,
i liked reading your thoughts on the church.
and i am glad that you are a part of it.

Chris Hyde said...

Well said...I love it!

Post a Comment

Oh, yeah! I love me some comments!

Subscribe