The Square Peg

Embracing the mojo because cutting
corners seemed counter-productive.

7/16/2009

I am an Altoid®

|

The first time I had an ALTOID®, I loved it. For the first ten seconds. Then the flavor became so powerful I had to rescue my mouth from its intensity. A few minutes later, I put it back in. And took it back out. I was able to embrace its flavor to the end on the third try.

One day it hit me: my personality is like an ALTOID®. I wish I could say I’m one of the milder flavors but that’d be a lie. I’m the original; too intense for some people, and small doses may be necessary to avoid feeling overwhelmed. Other people know the instant they taste the flavor they like it and want more.

It used to bother me that I was like this. I tried being another way…you know, palatable, pleasant, and mellow. But after I’m around people who are like that, I find myself itching for some flavor. Something with some kick. And I began to embrace the ALTOID® within.


Altoid® used with permission
© The Square Peg Mojo 2009

1 comments:

Simple Home said...

Oh Eva, I love this. I'm an Altoid too. It's just been in the last few years that I've realized I can't make myself be anything other than what God has made me to be (like trying to be quieter, less outspoken), and I love the way you put this. I want to embrace my inner Altoid too :-)
Blessings,
Marcia

Post a Comment

Oh, yeah! I love me some comments!

Subscribe