The Square Peg

Embracing the mojo because cutting
corners seemed counter-productive.

7/15/2010

It's Miller Time!

|

Well, I hadn't figured out how I was going to post my announcement before another post-worthy announcement came along. As often happens in our family, we have to start our story with "see, what had happened was..."

When Moose and I were in Pisa last month, I saw a cute toddler-sized t-shirt at one of the souvenir stands. The thought occurred to me that someday we'll have grandchildren and it'd be really cool if we bought things for them while we're in Europe...starting with a red t-shirt (suitable for a boy or girl) with a picture of Snoopy and Woodstock trying to straighten the leaning tower with Italian and American writing on it. After debating it the first two days I was there, I could not shake the feeling that I needed to get a t-shirt. I knew I'd regret it if I didn't. My thought was that the first grandchild could wear it and pass it along to the others. I planned to post a picture of the shirt on here but accidentally included it in the package I sent to the boys. I've been waiting for Drew to take a pic of the shirt and email it to me so I could include it in my Pisa post and photos.

But apparently I had my ESPN turned on because Drew's girlfriend Ciera is pregnant. She's due late February/early March, so I decided to call the baby Love Bug until/if we find out which variety of grandbaby we're getting. They tried to say I jinxed them by buying that t-shirt, but after doing the math, they were already pregnant when I bought the shirt. Ha! Finally something that can't be blamed on me! LOL

And tonight I got a text from Ryan. Here's how the convo went down:
Ryan: mom 
me: Yes?
Ryan: wanna hear something funny?
me: Yep
Ryan: drew's gonna be an uncle

Yes, we are expecting TWO grandbabies in the spring.

My boys have always referred to themselves as 'the first two punks'; after seeing all the adorable girl clothing and shoes (and accessories) in the stores, here's hoping one of those mini-punks is a punkette.

I had formulated a blog post in my head that consisted of writing to Love Bug to proclaim my love and excitement over his/her existence. But now I have another love bug to write to/about but I don't have an appropriate nickname for him/her. We used to call the boys Thing 1 and Thing 2 (from the Dr. Seuss books), and Moose suggested calling the babies Thing 1 and 2 after their dads, but since Thing 2 is having Grand Thing 1, and Thing 1 is having Grand Thing 2, I think that'd be too confusing.

But what has been decided are our grandparent names. He's Papa Moose and I'm GeeGee. Or should I spell it GG? Or GiGi? Anyway, there you have it. Our babies are having babies. And although their circumstances aren't ideal, we are very excited about these precious gifts.


3 comments:

Sylvia Plathypus said...

=) I love your 'grandma' alternatives!! LOL My mom INSISTS on being called Nan or Nanny, never Grandma. GeeGee is so cute!! Congratulations on your impending grand-bundles of joy... ;)

The Pontons said...

adam's grandma (violet, ironically), is G.G. (for great grandma). :D congrats again - much love to you guys and your boys and their girls and their babies :D. your family just got much bigger eva eva :D

Simple Home said...

Congratulations on becoming a grandma. My friend goes by Gigi too. I know you're going to want to get back to the states to visit now :-)
Blessings,
Marcia

Post a Comment

Oh, yeah! I love me some comments!

Subscribe