The Square Peg

Embracing the mojo because cutting
corners seemed counter-productive.

1/24/2010

Ode to an Acura

|

 ***This is an open letter to my 2007 Acura TSX. ***


Dear Jack,

Our time together has come to an end, and I want to tell you what a great car you've been. I will miss you, Jack. You've been reliable and I appreciate reliability. You are sexy, too, and I appreciate sleek, sexy cars. In fact, I'm convinced I was sexy simply because I drove you because sexiness just seemed to ooze out of you. I appreciate the teamwork and your helpful attitude over the last 2 1/2 years, too. Thanks for the times you reminded me that you were thirsty (even if you only wanted premium fuel), you needed an oil change, the headlights were still on, or that my passenger hadn't buckled his/her seat belt. Thanks for locking the doors behind me when I left them unlocked.

Some of my fondest memories of you include:
Driving around town together with the sun roof open to let in the fresh air and Georgia sunshine.
The way your heated seats warmed my tushie on the few cold days that Georgia gets each year.
The quick way you'd pick up speed when I was in a hurry. You never let me down, dude. Never.
Your incredible, thumping stereo. You made even ME sound good when I sang with Mac Powell and Freddie Mercury.
Driving on the interstate with you. 90 mph in an Acura feels remarkably smooth.

I hope your new owner treats you well, as I know you'll be good to him or her. Best wishes, Jack. You were the best, most fun 40K miles I've ever put on a car and I'll always think fondly of our trips to Florida, Louisiana and Tennessee because you safely got me to and from the people I love.

You'll be the standard by which I measure all of my future cars. Perhaps someday I'll again drive an Acura.
Peace out, Jack.
PS: I'm really sorry about that time I said the TL Sport was sexier than you. I didn't mean it.
Love,
Eva

2 comments:

Chris said...

ya'll leave tonight?

Eva M. said...

Yes, we fly out of ATL this afternoon, then have a long layover at Baltimore before heading to Ramstein.

Post a Comment

Oh, yeah! I love me some comments!

Subscribe