The Square Peg

Embracing the mojo because cutting
corners seemed counter-productive.

2/09/2009

My Sanctuary

|

We would leave the cover off our pool year-round if we didn’t have so many trees in the back yard. Now that they’ve all fallen, we uncovered it today.

I missed seeing the water this winter. As I sat outside and chatted on the phone with my friend April, it was mesmerizing to stare into it again. The pool is like a sanctuary of sorts for me. I don’t know what it is about water, but I do my best meditating, relaxing, and connecting with God by the pool (and in the shower).

Sometimes I lie on my stomach on the diving board and watch the dragonflies skim the top of the water’s surface. Other times I flip over on my back and close my eyes and listen to the birds as they serenade me. I hear Mocha, tired after playing ball with Moose, walk down the steps, stop on the bottom and slowly turn around to dunk her back end into the water to cool off. I hear the squirrels playing in the branches of the tall Georgia Pines.

It is here that problems seem smaller, stress loosens its grip, and peace begins to reign inside me once again. I feel inspired, thoughtful, and calm.

Where’s your sanctuary; the place you go to get a new perspective?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, yeah! I love me some comments!

Subscribe